NS-RAW to NS-HP

S2525F8-BD-RTK & NS-HP

Moderator: Jason Lin

kangus

NS-RAW to NS-HP

Postby kangus » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:20 am

I really did think I could hook my NS-RAW up as a BASE but it appears not to be talking to the NS-HP:

NS-RAW TX1 to NS-HP RX2 - NS-HP configured as ROVER with the latest firmware
NS-RAW set to binary mode with 57600 baud for NS-HP RX2

Nothing. the NS-HP is in Position fix 3D.

How to I setup NS-RAW to act as a base for NS-HP?
I would lookup the pin out and protocol that TX1 is outputting on my NS-RAW but it seems there is no manual for the product, why?

Note: I have no idea if setting the baud for the USB on NS-RAW also sets the baud of TX1.... no manual. I purchased a black hole
I just added a USB to NS-RAW tx1 and it is mirroring the data from the internal USB port, binary at 57600

Jason Lin

Re: NS-RAW to NS-HP

Postby Jason Lin » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:55 pm

NS-RAW does not output antenna position information, also no method to enter fixed antenna position, could not work as NS-HP base. NS-RAW only for post process applications such as RTKLIB.

kangus

Postby kangus » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:47 am

Jason Lin wrote:NS-RAW does not output antenna position information, also no method to enter fixed antenna position, could not work as NS-HP base. NS-RAW only for post process applications such as RTKLIB.

Why didn't you inform your loyal customers that the NS-RAW $100 device is worthless for Base/Mobile RTK and they would need to order two NS-HP devices ?

Now I have the shipping expense as well as the three week wait, I have an idea, why not offer a trade in program with the worthless NS-RAW? It can sit on YOUR shelf and collect dust instead of mine.

If all that is needed is an antenna location then update the NS-RAW firmware for crying out load, there is a few of us that have been supporting your efforts, thank you very much.

Will an Ublox M8T that does store antenna location work with NS-HP as a base?

If I'm using RTKLIB strsvr as an TCPIP Server in the options I can enter the base antenna information and location as well as convert to RTCM3 for the NS-HP rover.
Speaking of RTCM3, where to I tell NS-HP to expect RTCM3?

What 'Message Types (Inteval:s)' [spelled wrong in RTKLIB s/b interval] is the RX2 NS-HP rover expecting?

Jason Lin

Postby Jason Lin » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:37 am

Software companies have zero production cost, only initial development cost. Yet no software companies offer trade in of older version software for newer version, more feature software that has lower price over the years. Nor do software companies offer to put in code of new features to their older software and provide free updates to their loyal customers. With cloud computing nowadays, why software companies charge monthly subscription fee on cloud service that seems to have near zero cost?

If Rasberry Pi organization burnt up profits they made with earlier $45 RPi models, would they be able to offer trade-in program for the latest $5 RPi Zero for their earlier loyal customers?

> Why didn't you inform your loyal customers that the NS-RAW $100 device is worthless
> for Base/Mobile RTK and they would need to order two NS-HP devices ?

Up until now, no customer complained about this. NS-RAW was introduced in 2014, when there is no NS-HP; everyone well knows it only output carrier phase raw measurement data as LEA-6T module. Customers mainly used it with RTKLIB. When $50 NS-HP is available now, why would anyone pick the $80 NS-RAW if it's useless?

> Will an Ublox M8T that does store antenna location work with NS-HP as a base?

Incompatible format.

Can simply use strsvr to stream NS-HP base raw measurement to NTRIP caster.

> Speaking of RTCM3, where to I tell NS-HP to expect RTCM3?

NS-HP automatically recognize and use RTCM3 and raw measurement message. RTCM3 message type 1002, 1004, 1005, 1006 are supported. Get back later on interval.

kangus

Postby kangus » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:05 am

Jason Lin wrote:Software companies have zero production cost, only initial development cost. Yet no software companies offer trade in of older version software for newer version, more feature software that has lower price over the years. Nor do software companies offer to put in code of new features to their older software and provide free updates to their loyal customers.

All software companies offer money for older versions, it's called an UPGRADE as in $299 to upgrade TurboCAD from 2015 to 2016 instead of paying $1,500 for a new package. As far as manufactures: HP DesignJet 755cm, a 20 year old plotter, HP updated the windows drivers for x64 support, 18 years after they stopped making the plotter and it was a free update. I have several hardware devices that have been updated after the manufacturer ceased production but these products are from the U.S. I realize that the trend in Asia is to turn it out the door and cut the strings to speak, the last phone I had was obsolete two months after I purchased it yet Google's phones got updates.

Jason Lin wrote:> Why didn't you inform your loyal customers that the NS-RAW $100 device is worthless
> for Base/Mobile RTK and they would need to order two NS-HP devices ?

Up until now, no customer complained about this. NS-RAW was introduced in 2014, when there is no NS-HP; everyone well knows it only output carrier phase raw measurement data as LEA-6T module. Customers mainly used it with RTKLIB. When $50 NS-HP is available now, why would anyone pick the $80 NS-RAW if it's useless?

Not complaining about NS-RAW, I am complaining about having to order and second unit and pay more shipping and wait another three weeks when a little communication on your part would have resulted in me ordering two units to start with. Who'd of thought the NS-RAW wouldn't work for a base?

Jason Lin wrote:> Will an Ublox M8T that does store antenna location work with NS-HP as a base?
Incompatible format.
Can simply use strsvr to stream NS-HP base raw measurement to NTRIP caster.
> Speaking of RTCM3, where to I tell NS-HP to expect RTCM3?

NS-HP automatically recognize and use RTCM3 and raw measurement message. RTCM3 message type 1002, 1004, 1005, 1006 are supported. Get back later on interval.

So after all this we can stream any raw device that strsvr supports converting to RTCM3 once the parameters are discovered.

That means that the NS-RAW can be used since strsvr options include an option to put antenna information, as was needed before that information started to be included into the GPS units.

I'd try NS-RAW to NS-HP with strsvr but I'm not in a good location here in the center of the country, I've only gotten 7 blue satellites for a few minutes the last four days, I currently have 7 with 5 above 50 but my second active antenna is not performing to expectations, I ordered a new antenna but it's a few days out. I was wrong, the 1 satellite directly above me at 55db just went red, it is showing 55db but I guess it is broken, currently there is ONLY 1 satellite over the U.S. Simply amazing.

Jason Lin

Postby Jason Lin » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:17 pm

1002 and 1004 message interval 1 second; 1005 and 1006 message interval 5 second; would work.

Return to “RTK Modules”