[SOLVED] NS-HP GLONASS Compatible

S2525F8-BD-RTK & NS-HP

Moderator: Jason Lin

mr337

[SOLVED] NS-HP GLONASS Compatible

Postby mr337 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:32 am

Complete GNSS noob here looking to add centimeter resolution accuracy to outdoor robot.

I'm trying to reproduce the setup Upgrade Your Smartphone GPS to 100X More Accurate RTK GPS.

I have the same setup except of using the internal antenna using the GPS/GLONASS Active Antenna.

Issue I am having is gaining a number of satellites before RTK is applied. Using the NTRIP client I am showing highest 8 satellites, but normally going back and forth between 5-7 different times of the day. GNSS Radar for my location (Central USA) shows around the same amount minus one or two satellites. From reading on forums looks to be less than needed for NTRIP RTK corrections, bare minimum being 7.

Viewing with GNSS Viewer I have noticed I am not receiving any GLONASS satellites yet are plentiful at my location. From checking the product page listing GPS, SBAS, QZSS. I'm sure I know the answer, but wanted to verify no support for GLONASS and why is this, maybe future product? SBAS isn't enabled with NS-HP and QZSS doesn't apply. So I'm a bit worried I'm not able to do RTK corrections.

Any advice appreciated!

PS: I only bought the GPS/GLONASS antenna, now regretting it as there is some coverage with other satellites via Triband antenna.

mr337

Re: [SOLVED] NS-HP GLONASS Compatible

Postby mr337 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:21 pm

So after doing more research things are finally coming together.

The current NS-HP does not have GLONASS support.

jshuerga

Postby jshuerga » Fri May 13, 2016 7:52 pm

Will NS-HP support GLONASS constellation? Here in Spain it's quite dificult to view Beidou satellites at the end of the day, so Fix RTK takes a great deal of time to become stable.

I should be grateful for any comments.

Best regards

Jason Lin

Postby Jason Lin » Fri May 13, 2016 11:16 pm

Did you update to latest firmware that supports SBAS for RTK?

If you are using public base station, then it may be only able to get RTK fix during small period of time when there are 8 or more GPS satellites with good geometry. GPS/GLONASS RTK receiver won’t have any improvement due to GLONASS inter-channel bias issue: that is, GLONASS portion of Trimble or Leica base station only work with Trimble’s or Leica’s rover GPS/GLONASS RTK receiver, will not work for other brand’s GLONASS portion; other brand low-cost GPS/GLONASS RTK receiver will effectively behave like GPS-only RTK receiver when used with public base station.

If you connect to another NS-HP in base mode, with additional two EGNOS satellites available, should have at least 8 signal to use, improving RTK fix availability.

alexey.bogatyryov

Postby alexey.bogatyryov » Sat May 14, 2016 6:36 pm

+1 for supporting GLONASS

Stfmani

Postby Stfmani » Tue May 17, 2016 5:58 pm

Jason Lin wrote:If you are using public base station, then it may be only able to get RTK fix during small period of time when there are 8 or more GPS satellites with good geometry. GPS/GLONASS RTK receiver won’t have any improvement due to GLONASS inter-channel bias issue: that is, GLONASS portion of Trimble or Leica base station only work with Trimble’s or Leica’s rover GPS/GLONASS RTK receiver, will not work for other brand’s GLONASS portion; other brand low-cost GPS/GLONASS RTK receiver will effectively behave like GPS-only RTK receiver when used with public base station.

Ok, but If I use 2 NS-HP as a base + rover, it should be possible to use the Glonass satellites. In my country it would add a lot of satellites usable for RTK.
Am I right ?

Jason Lin

Postby Jason Lin » Tue May 17, 2016 6:06 pm

NS-HP could not work with GLONASS, only GPS + SBAS + up to 6 Beidou.

Stfmani

Postby Stfmani » Tue May 17, 2016 6:14 pm

Jason Lin wrote:NS-HP could not work with GLONASS, only GPS + SBAS + up to 6 Beidou.

I know.
I just wanted to emphasize that the inter-channel bias issue is not always a problem if you use the same type of receiver as base and rover.
https://rtklibexplorer.wordpress.com/2016/04/30/glonass-ambiguity-resolution-identical-receivers/

Return to “RTK Modules”